Selecting the correct grass seed for airfields is business critical and therefore extremely important. One of the biggest dangers in the aviation industry is birds striking aircraft.
Premier Airfield grass seed mixture is designed to be sown around airfields, and maintained at the height of 150mm, as per a ‘Long Grass Management’ programme, thereby deterring birds from landing around the runway. The mix benefits from varieties of grass that promote upright growth making it difficult for birds to land.
- 70% Tall Fescue
- 15% Cocksfoot
- 5% Perennial Ryegrass
- For areas around airport runways
- Creates an unfavourable habitat for birds
- Stiff, upright growth habit deters birds from landing
- Very persistent and tolerant of harsh conditions
- Designed to be used as part of a ‘Long Grass Management’ programme
- If possible, do not treat for weeds until grass is older than 6 months old
- Treat annually with 9-7-7 Fertiliser to maintain a healthy sward
- Take a look at our How To Seed and Overseed a Lawn Guide